Assisted Living Units
Assisted living units offer the best of both worlds to those who need on-going help with personal care and typical daily activities, yet who wish to retain their independence to the fullest extent possible.
The assisted living facility offers 22 bachelor units with a living area, kitchenette and bathroom. These are available at a monthly rental and you can furnish it yourself. Care is offered in 3 different levels in these units, or on a custom level of care that is agreed on, depending on individual needs.
A medical practice number is available in cases where medical aid benefits can be obtained. Terms and conditions of each medical aid will apply.
How does Assisted Living differ from Frail Care?
Much like the services offered in frail care, assisted living support services are enjoyed in the resident’s own unit depending on their level of functioning, with the highest level providing a carer assisting with personal hygiene, administration of medicine, daily cleaning and weekly laundry services as well as meals.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUERIES YOU MIGHT HAVE.
ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES AVAILABLE:
Services below offered on 3 different levels of care and is subject to an individual assessment and an agreed care plan.
- Rental of unit
- Cleaning (6 days per week)
- Washing (once per week)
- 24hr nursing emergency assistance / specialing patient
- Administering of medication
- Monitoring of vital signs
- Regular check ups
- Bathing and washing
- Assistance with bathroom
- Feeding and turning
- Nail treatment (bi-weekly)
- Hair treatment (bi-weekly)
- Individual session with Occupational Therapist once a week
- Feedback to family on the wellbeing of the resident when required
- Activities for residents arranged by the Nursing Services Manager
OPTIONAL EXTRA HEALTHCARE SERVICES AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL FEES:
- Home Based Care: available to all Rubicon residents that need any form of assistance on a regular or emergency basis.)
• Wound care
• Bathing and washing
• Monitoring of vital signs
• Any other assistance you might need in the comfort of your own home.
- Rubicon Care can also place full time carers, daily or as needed
- Granny Day Care – offered at Rubicon Care if you need to go out and need someone taken care of for a while
- Medication Administration (order, receive, administer prescription medication)
- Administration and ordering of Blister packaging
- Catheter care
Appointments can be made at Rubicon Care for the following Services in your unit: We have agreements with these service providers to provide these services in your unit.
- Private Doctor
- Private Dentist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physiotherapist – in gym (therapy bed)
- Speech Therapist
- Audiometry & Management of Hearing Aids
- Social Worker
- Wound Care Sister – for treatment of complicated wounds at home (contracted to the medical aid)
- Hospice – Rubicon Care works in close association with Hospice and are available for counselling care at any time
- Ambulance – preferred supplier appointed with preferential rates to Rubicon residents
- Pharmacy Services – the following pharmacies deliver to Rubicon free of charge: Mopani, Dis-Chem, Russell’s Pharmacy, Van Heerden’s, and Clicks
"I have been at Rubicon for 2 years. I am 88 years old. I can only walk with the aid of a walker with wheels. The people who work here, from the matron to the most junior care-giver really care and understand our needs. We are friends!"
- Valerie Merryweather