Frail Care Rooms
The frail care facility has 12 beds and renders care and support to individuals with physical, psychological, emotional and social needs that can no longer be met in one’s own home, or by one’s self.
Single and shared accommodation is available on a short- or long-term basis. This service is not limited to Rubicon Residents and is open to the public.
A medical practice number is available in cases where medical aid benefits can be obtained. Terms and conditions of each medical aid will apply.
Rubicon Care’s mission is to provide a unique calibre of compassionate care to all their residents/patients and we would love to take care of you!
Rubicon is equipped with a fully stocked library to enjoy hours of reading, as well as a salon for all your pampering and grooming needs.
Catering is provided by a professional service provider in conjunction with dieticians and health regulations. Nutritious, homely meals are freshly prepared daily. We ensure wholesome quality food. Specialised diets are also catered for.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUERIES YOU MIGHT HAVE.
FRAIL CARE SERVICES AVAILABLE:
Services below offered IN SINGLE OR SHARED ROOMS and is subject to an individual assessment and an agreed care plan.
- Rental of unit
- Cleaning (6 days per week)
- Washing (once per week)
- 24hr nursing emergency assistance / specialing patient
- Administering of medication
- Monitoring of vital signs
- Regular check ups
- Bathing and washing
- Assistance with bathroom
- Feeding and turning
- Feedback to family on the wellbeing of the resident when required
- Activities for residents arranged by the Nursing Services Manager
OPTIONAL EXTRA HEALTHCARE SERVICES AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL FEES:
- Nail treatment (bi-weekly)
- Hair treatment (bi-weekly)
- Individual session with Occupational Therapist once a week
- Catheter care
Appointments can be made at Rubicon Care for the following Services in your unit: We have agreements with these service providers to provide these services in your unit.
- Private Doctor
- Private Dentist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physiotherapist – in gym (therapy bed)
- Speech Therapist
- Audiometry & Management of Hearing Aids
- Social Worker
- Wound Care Sister – for treatment of complicated wounds at home (contracted to the medical aid)
- Hospice – Rubicon Care works in close association with Hospice and are available for counselling care at any time
- Ambulance – preferred supplier appointed with preferential rates to Rubicon residents
- Pharmacy Services – the following pharmacies deliver to Rubicon free of charge: Mopani, Dis-Chem, Russell’s Pharmacy, Van Heerden’s, and Clicks
"I am so lucky & happy to be a resident at Rubicon Care. We receive top treatment and attention from the staff, always ready to help with a smile. Our matron and office staff solves all our problems and we love them. This is my home as long as I live."
- Therese Vorster