Home Healthcare Services
Resident’s health and well-being are a top priority at Rubicon Care.
Professional nursing staff and carers are on duty and on call 24/7.
A medical practice number is available in cases where medical aid benefits can be obtained. Terms and conditions of each medical aid will apply.
Rubicon Care’s mission is to provide a unique calibre of compassionate care to all their residents/patients and we would love to take care of you!
Rubicon is equipped with a fully stocked library to enjoy hours of reading, as well as a salon for all your pampering and grooming needs.
Catering is provided by a professional service provider in conjunction with dieticians and health regulations. Nutritious, homely meals are freshly prepared daily. We ensure wholesome quality food. Specialised diets are also catered for.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUERIES YOU MIGHT HAVE.
MINIMUM HEALTHCARE SERVICES INCLUDED IN LEVY:
- A health history whereby the older person’s functional health status is recorded on arrival / admission and monitored as per individual needs.
- Panic Alarm System / Nurse Call offers 24-hour emergency assistance and response to village residents via call system
- Emergency Care 24 hours – respond to all units as needed
- Healthcare clinic that can assist with basic health check-ups such as blood glucose tests, cholesterol tests, urine tests, injections and wound dressing for all Rubicon residents.
- BP Clinic – Tuesdays from 10am to 4pm – Opportunity to have blood pressure, pulse, weight, and temperature monitored
- Assistance with medication – education and advice
- Health Advice
- Laboratory Service (on-site blood/ specimen collection by AMPATH) – so you do not have to drive to the laboratory. (the tests will be charged for at normal medical aid rates)
OPTIONAL EXTRA HEALTHCARE SERVICES AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL FEES:
- Home Based Care: available to all Rubicon residents that need any form of assistance on a regular or emergency basis.)
• Medication administration
• Wound care
• Bathing and washing
• Any other assistance you might need in the comfort of your own home.
- Rubicon Care can also place full time carers, daily or as needed
- Granny Day Care – offered at Rubicon Care if you need to go out and need someone taken care of for a while
- Medication Administration (order, receive, administer prescription medication)
- Administration and ordering of Blister packaging
- Catheter care
Appointments can be made at Rubicon Care for the following Services in your unit: We have agreements with these service providers to provide these services in your unit.
- Private Doctor
- Private Dentist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physiotherapist – in gym (therapy bed)
- Speech Therapist
- Audiometry & Management of Hearing Aids
- Social Worker
- Wound Care Sister – for treatment of complicated wounds at home (contracted to the medical aid)
- Hospice – Rubicon Care works in close association with Hospice and are available for counselling care at any time
- Ambulance – preferred supplier appointed with preferential rates to Rubicon residents
- Pharmacy Services – the following pharmacies deliver to Rubicon free of charge: Mopani, Dis-Chem, Russell’s Pharmacy, Van Heerden’s, and Clicks
"Ons bly baie lekker hier by Rubicon. Die personeel is baie behulpsaam en vriendelik, alles word stiptelik gedoen soos byvoorbeeld die medikasie. Die etes is regtig baie smaaklik en ons kry altyd ‘n verskeidenheid. Soos byvoorbeeld elke dag vleis, groente en nagereg. Ons kry baie goeie hulp van die mediese personeel van Sister Suzanne en die ander. Baie baie dankie! "
- Louis & Nelia Fourie