There is a fully furnished Midcare unit with a SINGLE room and a TWIN room equipped with DSTV. The unit has a kitchenette and bathroom and is used for short term stays if one is recovering post-operatively, dealing with chemotherapy or if you just need a break from your kids!
Midcare is the place to stay for a couple of days while your children are away on business/holiday. Granny Day Care is also on offer!
A medical practice number is available in cases where medical aid benefits can be obtained. Terms and conditions of each medical aid will apply.
Rubicon Care’s mission is to provide a unique calibre of compassionate care to all their residents/patients and we would love to take care of you!
Rubicon is equipped with a fully stocked library to enjoy hours of reading, as well as a salon for all your pampering and grooming needs.
Catering is provided by a professional service provider in conjunction with dieticians and health regulations. Nutritious, homely meals are freshly prepared daily. We ensure wholesome quality food. Specialised diets are also catered for.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUERIES YOU MIGHT HAVE.
MIDCARE SERVICES AVAILABLE:
Services below offered IN SINGLE ROOMS on 3 options:
- Rental of unit
- Cleaning (6 days per week)
- Washing (once per week)
- 24hr nursing emergency assistance / specialing patient
- Administering of medication
- Monitoring of vital signs
- Regular check ups
- Bathing and washing
- Assistance with bathroom
- Feeding and turning
- Feedback to family on the wellbeing of the resident when required
- Activities for residents arranged by the Nursing Services Manager
OPTIONAL EXTRA HEALTHCARE SERVICES AVAILABLE AT ADDITIONAL FEES:
- Nail treatment
- Hair treatment
- Catheter care
Appointments can be made at Rubicon Care for the following Services in your unit: We have agreements with these service providers to provide these services in your unit.
- Private Doctor
- Private Dentist
- Occupational Therapist
- Physiotherapist – in gym (therapy bed)
- Speech Therapist
- Audiometry & Management of Hearing Aids
- Social Worker
- Wound Care Sister – for treatment of complicated wounds at home (contracted to the medical aid)
- Hospice – Rubicon Care works in close association with Hospice and are available for counselling care at any time
- Ambulance – preferred supplier appointed with preferential rates to Rubicon residents
- Pharmacy Services – the following pharmacies deliver to Rubicon free of charge: Mopani, Dis-Chem, Russell’s Pharmacy, Van Heerden’s, and Clicks
"A quick note to just say thank you to you all for your loving care of “Oupa” De Wet. You were all so amazing. Always greeting us with a big smile. We could not have asked for a better place for our dad to spend his last days. All the staff, from the front desk, care-givers and cleaners, thank you! Keep up the wonderful work you are doing."
- Hentie Tomkinson